3/8/09

Can a Question Answer a Question?


Am I sufficiently sharing with my students the love and passion I have for my Heavenly Father and His Word?


For me, this question was answered by a question this week. In third grade we have been studying the Tabernacle. Our curriculum jumped around a bit. One day we looked only at scripture dealing with the physical attributes while the next day we looked at scripture focusing on the different sacrifices offered. So, we overlooked big chunks of passages that did not pertain to these two topics. As class came to a close one student asked, "May I take my Bible home and read the "stuff" we skipped? I'm afraid I might miss something." The question answering my question! I know I take the passenger seat with the Holy Spirit as the driver in this child's desire to read the Word. But, I would like to think the excitement and enthusiasm I bring to the classroom provides a "suitable soil" for my students to "grow" closer to Him. My answer to her question, "Oh, yes!"


Mrs. Lauren Nelson

No comments: